The Jarrell Economic Development Corporation Board is here to assist businesses in gaining the maximum benefit from local, state, federal, and other government entity incentives programs. Aside from being a great place to live and work, Texas is one of only six states in the U.S. that does not have a State corporate and individual income tax.
- Type A Economic Development Sales Tax
- Property Tax Abatement
- Foreign Trade Zone
o Jarrell is in the service area of FTZ 183, Austin and the surrounding area.
Incentives available include:
- Performance-based incentives through the City of Jarrell’s 4A Sales Tax Corporation
- Tax abatements on real and personal property for up to 10 years
- Chapter 380 tax rebates for projects which significantly enhance the City of Jarrell’s tax base
- Triple Freeport exemption on property tax on inventory for employers that manufacture or distribute goods that are shipped outside of Texas
- Fast track approval through the development process, including Pre-Development meetings available for all site plans
- Reimbursement of allowable permit fees, impact fees, capital recovery fees and inspection fees associated with the project
- Tenant improvement finish out reimbursement
- Training dollars for new employees
Chapter 380 of the Local Government Code authorizes municipalities to offer incentives designed to promote economic development such as commercial and retail projects.
Chapter 381 of the Local Government Code allows counties to provide incentives encouraging developers to build in their jurisdictions.